Weatherproof Sound Meter Enclosure
The Castle Weatherproof Sound Meter enclosure is designed to make short–to–medium–term outdoor noise monitoring simple and effective.
Dedicated to the Castle SONUS ‘L’ or ‘E’ Data-logging sound meters, this box opens up a huge range of possibilities for longer term monitoring both indoors and out. And what is more, it weighs less that 5Kg’s, so is one of the lightest environmental noise monitors in the world!
- Over 170 hours run time and 15 hour charge time for internal batteries
- Available for SONUS ‘L’ or ‘E’ models of Sound Level Meters
- Tough, weatherproof case withstanding 900Kg loads.
- External weatherproof connectors
- ‘Hot-swap’ for battery replacement in the field without turning off the sound meter
- Available in Yellow or Black.
- Security kit available
Ideal for boundary noise measurements, Night time Noise Levels and general consultancy work, the enclosure operates from an internal battery pack which will run the data-logger for over 170 hours of continuous use. The battery can even be ‘hot-swapped’ using a second set of power cables, giving un- interrupted operation even during battery changeover.
There is a weatherproof connector on the outside of the case that allow access to the instrument’s microphone connection. A choice of two weather- proof microphone enclosures is available for either occasional or longer-term outdoor use. These connect to the case via weatherproof cabling and details are overleaf.