Probe for Soil Volumetric Water Content Measurement
The probes HD3910.1 (two electrodes) and HD3910.2 (three electrodes) measure the soil volumetric water content (VWC) by using a capacitive measurement principle which allows fast measurements in the eld and with minimal invasiveness.
- Measurement of the soil volumetric water content with 2 electrodes (HD3910.1) or 3 electrodes (HD3910.2) for restricted volumes
- Measurement of the soil temperature
- Various output options available (depending on model)
- Accurate and stable measure over time
- Degree of protection IP 67
- Miniaml invasiveness in the soil
- Easy to install
The three-electrode probe HD3910.2 is particularly suitable for the measurement in small volumes, for example for cultivations in pots.
The probes are factory-calibrated and do not require any further calibration by the end user.
The circuit board is protected inside a housing made of plastic material and sealed with epoxy resin which allows achieving reliable measurements even in harsh envi- ronmental conditions.
The RS485 digital output with MODBUS RTU protocol allows the use of even very long connection cables. It can be connected to the data loggers HD32MT.1 and HD32MT.3 or to any other data logger with RS485 MODBUS RTU input.
The probes are equipped with a xed cable, 5 or 10m standard length, with open wires at the end.